WAYS TO REDUCE SOCIAL MEDIA USUAGE
“Start with big dreams and make life worth living.”
Ways to stop your social media addiction
- Acknowledge you have an addiction and you need to commit to reducing SM time.
- Count how many apps you have on your mobile. Identify the false fixes. Ask yourself which one is taking up too much of my time and is it really necessary to have on my phone.
- Strip yourself of Technology for 2 weeks and prioritize what is important to you, your career, your family, your personal growth and development.
- Implement some rules like no technology in the bedroom, no mobiles on the table when eating dinner with family or loved one.
- Put the phone away from your desk while you are at work. If you can’t do this because you need your phone, disable notifications and disable social media sites during working hours.
- Spend more time with your loved ones but without the phone out of sight even if it’s for an hour.
- Think before you type. Avoid being the keyboard basher.
- Get a new hobby – Read more physical books and go training
- Moderation is key and should be regarded as a digital diet. We need to find a happy medium balance when using Social Platforms
- Meet people IRLLive in the moment and make your Personal Development and growth a priority