What is your vision?
There are 18 core and functional competencies to become the best in your position and for the next 12 months we go through them all. During the month of January we talked solely about Self-Awareness, the first core competency and discussed many topics that can help you discover your true abilities, identifying where you are right now and how you can achieve your goals in both work and home. The first step to a successful career is understanding self awareness, knowing what you are good at, what your personality and values are? We covered some pretty exciting topics including
- The Subtle Art of not giving a f*ck – Mark Manson
- What is Self-Awareness and 12 ways to becoming more self-aware
- Find what you’re good at and work on it
- The powerful story behind of Susan Boyle
- Top 5 books and podcasts on self-awareness
- 7 habits of highly effective people – Steve Covey
This month we move onto another exciting chapter – The Journey to Success – Creating a Vision, having a positive mindset and setting goals. How do we get there? Goals are the oxygen to our dreams. We all strive for success, and for many of us, it simply doesn’t come that easy. When it comes to success, your strengths, talents and personality can definitely help set you apart from the crowd. But hard work makes all the difference.
And when it comes to hard work, the first thing you need to do is define your goals on how to achieve your vision. Once that is done, it’s time to start thinking about how to accomplish them. Setting a goal is something you need to practice in order to get it right. It takes time to understand exactly how to set a clear goal and one that is realistic and achievable. Goal setting is a process that helps get you motivated and allows you to focus more. The more precise the goal is, the better your brain will analyse the steps in order to achieve it. We also discuss a blueprint for your career path and how it can help you build on your end goals.
In February and March we talk about
- Alistair Rogers on Self Awareness, on finding his passion and his journey to success
- Finding your passion and owning it
- Short stories of some great visionaries
- A lesson from Oprah Winfrey
- Chatri Sityodtong – Life is a fight for your dreams
- Defining your career with a mind map
- A positive mindset. The magic of thinking big