Develop great habits and become self-disciplined
There are 18 core and functional competencies to become the best in your position and for the next 12 months we go through them all. During the month of January we talked solely about Self-Awareness, the first core competency and discussed many topics that can help you discover your true abilities, identifying where you are right now and how you can achieve your goals in both work and home. The first step to a successful career is understanding self awareness, knowing what you are good at, what your personality and values are? We covered some pretty exciting topics including
- The Subtle Art of not giving a f*ck – Mark Manson
- What is Self-Awareness and 12 ways to becoming more self-aware
- Find what you’re good at and work on it
- The powerful story behind of Susan Boyle
- Top 5 books and podcasts on self-awareness
- 7 habits of highly effective people – Steve Covey
In February and March we talked about Finding your passion and creating goals. Once that is done, it’s time to start thinking about how to accomplish them. Setting a goal is something you need to practice in order to get it right. It takes time to understand exactly how to set a clear goal and one that is SMART realistic and achievable. Goal setting is a process that helps get you motivated and allows you to focus more. The more precise the goal is, the better your brain will analyse the steps in order to achieve it. We also discussed a blueprint for your career path and how it can help you build on your end goals.
In February and March we talked about
- Alistair Rogers on Self Awareness, on finding his passion and his journey to success
- Finding your passion and owning it
- Short stories of some great visionaries
- A lesson from Oprah Winfrey
- Chatri Sityodtong – Life is a fight for your dreams
- Defining your career with a mind map
- A positive mindset. The magic of thinking big
- The man that changed Technology – Akio Morita
In April we move onto maintaining habits to achieve those goals and how to apply more focus and self-discipline in work and home
This might seem like an easy module, but this is where the majority of people fail to meet their goals. Action, consistency, focus and self-discipline are key behaviours to everyone’s success.
Distractions are universal, especially in the digital world we live in. What’s becoming more apparent is the struggle to complete all the tasks on our schedules which can be extremely frustrating. Switching focus from one task to another can be time consuming and leads to more mistakes and mishaps. By focusing on one thing at a time, you are able to concentrate entirely on the task in hand, to think more creatively about the solution and to complete it faster than usual. Focus and self-discipline increases productivity and brings better results much quicker than multitasking. The more focused you are on one task, the more productive and fruitful your work will be.
- Stay Hungry – Get advice from an expert.
- Work on your goals.
- How to stop worrying and start living
- Understand failure and accept change.
- Understanding habits
- Creating habits
- Improvise adapt and overcome to changes.